hotpoint aquarius ctd00 cond dryer not getting hot?

This had me stumped too, but I looked up the replacement stats at http://www.espares.co.uk/part/tumbl.../511141/658577/tumble-dryer-thermostat-k.html . There are 3 pictures of the stats, including one from the rear, showing where the hole is.
Once the banjo is off, there are a further 2 screws to remove, which takes the element and the housing for the stats off. You can now access the hole at the rear of the stat. Stick in the pin - job done!
Many thanks to all the posts on this thread - has saved me a fortune & earned me brownie points with wife.
nobody mentioned that the hole was at the back of the stat..but you link was quality gonna have a go in mornin...thxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sponsored Links
Thanks very much - after struggling with trying to get the side off and having tested that the parts were all ok we stumbled on this thread. why didn't they mention this in the manual i wonder! Cheers :)

Hi All

Thanks for the info. Our machine also stopped drying and after a little investigation and removing the two extra screws to release the heater element I found the stats and indeed the one with the hole in made a satisfying click, and started working again - most impressed.

when on low heat only ½ and element is working, on high heat only 2 of the three are working, can you replace 1 of these or do i need to replace all three, or is this normal?
cheers

It's normal it only comes on sometimes.

Sponsored Links
Hi our ctd00g isn't heating up.

I can't seem to get the back off so can't find anything to reset. I've taken all the screws out so the lid is loose and the sides are too. The shape from the middle didn't seem to have anything but a fan. Have I not looked properly?

I did notice the water indicator was still on when the water container was empty - when it was working. Is this something to do with it.
Thanks for any help

:confused:

Clean the pump out at the back left of the mc. Follow the two pipes at the rear.

The shape from the middle didn't seem to have anything but a fan. Have I not looked properly?

:confused:

Probably not, no need to remove the sides, just the cover on the back. You need to remove the small white cover that covers the spindle cap and then the larger cover underneath. The elements and their bracket are actualy inside that rear cover.

Big thanks to Rocks1 for this, I've just fixed my Dads drier by resetting the thermo and if we had called out an "engineer", I've no doubt he would have tried to charge us for a set of new thermos, and the usual "call out" fee - at least.

Thanks for your advice. Reset the thermostats as exactly how you said and now its up and running.

Saved a lot of hassle and an outlay of cash I'm sure!!

Thanks again :D

Just wanted to say thanks I removed the rear panel and reset the thermostat with a paper clip, cleaned out the lower filter and its now working as well as when it was new. sites like this one are invaluable.
Thanks
pgriffo

hi there i have a hotpoint dryer its not blowing hot air i have got a bran new element for it and fitted it still not blowing warm air and reset on element not been activated i have cleaned every thing out with a air line any help please

no parts needed just the stat needs resetting ,remove the rear banjo cover about 8 screws and on the top of the heater is 2 round stats the left one has a hole in it put a saftey pin in the hole till it clicks job done . ps make sure the condenser is always hosed out.

OUTSTANDING!!!!! Thank you soooo much it worked a treat!!!

I followed everything as you all said but neither of the stats on my dryer have the hole as stated and yet even in the picture on the Hotpoint link they do so I am stuck. :cry:

Remove the stat on the left. Viewed from the back of the tumble , and throw it on the floor a couple of times till the silver disc is no longer concaved.

Remove the stat on the left. Viewed from the back of the tumble , and throw it on the floor a couple of times till the silver disc is no longer concaved.

I have absolutely no idea why this works but I don't care I now have warm air in my dryer at last, you are amazing, many thanks :D

Little tricks like that saves you money. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back