hotpoint ctd00 overheating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, hope someone can offer advice. I have a hotpoint ctd00 condensing tumble dryer and up till today it was not heating or drawing water up to the water tray. so I opened up the back and testing the heater elements and the stats, all were closed circuits, (with the power leads off). the pump checked out the same as did the float operated micro switch, but as there was no water in the lower collector tray I assume that would operate normally when there was. So I put it all back together and turned it on again.
thats when the burning smell became apparent. thinking it was only a bit of fluff sticking and burning I put my hand to the back of the heater housing and it was very hot. so i removed the housing again and turned it on, on low heat, the element got hot to the point of glowing red. i decided at this point i needed more help. i assume it should not get that hot and is there some sort of resistor that should stop that much power getting to it.
thanks in anticipation

Sponsored Links
ty for a speedy reply rocks, but i am still concerned about the heater elements glowing red hot. should they really get hot enough to start a fire in the thing?

Sponsored Links
Just got back to it and did just as you said. Thank you very much, its all going perfectly again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back