Hotpoint CTD00 starts and stops

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is a great site with lots of useful advice. :)

I have a problem with a Hotpoint t/d CTD00.

When switched on - with nothing in drum and condenser out - only the pump runs. This lasts for ~ 4/5 minutes then the drum turns but only for ~ 5 seconds and then stops! This repeats but at no time does the heater heat or drum stay turning.

No water in tray or pump area, the 2 reset switches are closed so I think I have tried everything obvious.

Grateful for any help or advise...... :eek:

Ta

Sponsored Links
cap needs changing found next to the motor. right hand side panel removed. also remove the lid spin drum by hand to start it up then it will run.

cap needs changing found next to the motor. right hand side panel removed. also remove the lid spin drum by hand to start it up then it will run.

Thanks rocks1 - you are a great help as usual. :D

I changed the cap and drum turning normally but still no heat.

The switches above heater look ok - they spring back closed when you push in - maybe I will change them anyway as cannot see what else would cause problem.

Does anyone know of best place to get CTD00 heater reset switches?

just need to reset them take the rear banjo cover off on top is 2 round small stats ,the one on the left has a small hole in it push a safty pin into the hole till you hear a click job done . :)

Sponsored Links
no dont buy it just remove stat and throw it on the floor to reset the metal disc . when disc is pushed out its done.

Thanks rocks1

Tried that - job done and heater now working :D

I did not finalise the order so saved myself £20 - thanks again.

Great site esp. if you have duff Hotpoint.

When replacing at some stage think I will go for Bosch or Zanussi - would these be better makes?

bosch is good ,you get what you pay for .a few quid more gets the better ones . :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back