hotpoint aquarius ctd00 cond dryer not getting hot?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all
my hotpoint ctd00 has decided to stop blowing/producing hot air
does anyone know why or where to source the parts i need and where to find in the machine?
obviously if its something i can clean and check etc etc,i will do first,the fluff filters clear,water collection empty etc all the basics but its something else
cheers in advance
nick

Sponsored Links
no parts needed just the stat needs resetting ,remove the rear banjo cover about 8 screws and on the top of the heater is 2 round stats the left one has a hole in it put a saftey pin in the hole till it clicks job done . ps make sure the condenser is always hosed out.

no parts needed just the stat needs resetting ,remove the rear banjo cover about 8 screws and on the top of the heater is 2 round stats the left one has a hole in it put a saftey pin in the hole till it clicks job done . ps make sure the condenser is always hosed out.

rocks without sounding cheesy you rock lol.
screwdriver,5 mins warm dryer happy wife.
cheers matey
thaks again
ps. what caused the stat to trip cheers

condenser blocked with fluff /or keep opening door during cycle to see how its going and putting timer on for another 40 mins a big no no .put it on and leave it alone .which one are u guilty of :)

Sponsored Links
condenser blocked with fluff /or keep opening door during cycle to see how its going and putting timer on for another 40 mins a big no no .put it on and leave it alone .which one are u guilty of :)

ha ha yeah the wife does open the door every chance she gets and has a habit of putting it on for short periods then checking and re putting on(thinking shes gonna save money) :LOL:
cheers again

You are a god! thank you, TD had same fault, now working a dream. V happy wife, and no repair bill. Cheers Muchly! :)

Cheers for the info,you just saved me a fortune in call out fee and parts when they were not needed.

My husband told me to buy a new one, but decided to call out an engineer (who did not even return call!!) Read your comment, tried to have a go myself and was not expecting it to work for me but......... condenser dryer heating up. Yea!! Delighted and can't wait to tell hubby. Thank you soooooo much.

Heya, just wanted to say thanks for this tip, ours was under warranty but the engineer we bought it off wasn't enthusiastic to come fix and kept giving us excuses, so this really helped!

Hi. Having read all of the success stories, I tried to do the same with mine. I am guessing that the stats are very small round things that look like they have metal mesh on them. Alas, neither of them has a small hole - it appears to be blocked, no matter how hard I scrape or push. Can anyone tell me if I am looking at the wrong thing please. I have heaps of wet washing that is in need of warmth. Many thanks

After writing this, I read another post that said to remove the banjo cover, then another part, which had 2 screws. I have now found the stat. I didnt feel that there was anything in the hole to push. Am I doing something wrong?

The two stats are at the rear above the heater , both are little discs about the size of 5 p piece ,is the disc on the front of them concaved. The hole in the top of the stat is resettable by putting a pin in the hole then it should click. If that's ok check the heater is not split.

i have taken the banjo shape back of and the 2 stats are there there are no holes to put a pin thru at all???please what do i do now??

This had me stumped too, but I looked up the replacement stats at http://www.espares.co.uk/part/tumbl.../511141/658577/tumble-dryer-thermostat-k.html . There are 3 pictures of the stats, including one from the rear, showing where the hole is.
Once the banjo is off, there are a further 2 screws to remove, which takes the element and the housing for the stats off. You can now access the hole at the rear of the stat. Stick in the pin - job done!
Many thanks to all the posts on this thread - has saved me a fortune & earned me brownie points with wife.

I have a similar problem...i have reset the stat...but it appears that only one of the 3 heating coiled elements is heating up...and then going off after a short while....help please!! :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back