hotpoint aquarius ctd00 cond dryer not getting hot?

Rocks

This is a great tip, thanks.
I have done this a few times now, but Just of late the thermostat keeps tripping out intermittently. Sometimes weeks, days but recently it's been hours. I have made sure All the filters are clear, fuzz removed and water emptied .

Could it be that it's just getting too hot ? Could the thermostats be "weak" ?
Does one of the stats also act as a thermal overload ?
If I open the door with 30 mins to go the clothes are very hot to touch. I assume that is normal.

The dryer is situated under a work with not lot of room for air movement, although it was good as hold for 9 months.

Any idea greatly appreciated

Sponsored Links
The only reason the stats pop is blocked condenser should be washed with a hose pipe and left to dry before use at least once a month ,blocked filter. Opening door during use and not allowing it to cool down putting it on for a hr and opening door then putting timer on for another 30 mins overheating the drum with more hot air. Poor airflow round the back due to fluff. Or fluff inside the drum. Resulting in overheating.

Just wanted to say thanks for the clear and easy instructions, happy wife that thinks I know what I am doing - had to burst that bubble and say thanks to google and you

Hi, ive opened the back of the dryer as it is not providing any heat.

Hotpoint 31350, and the paper elements appear to be broken in sections, im presuming this is not normal? are they a cheap easy fix? we are quite stuck without the dryer as 5 of us are trying to get clothes washed and the heating bills are through the roof :/

Regards

Sponsored Links
no parts needed just the stat needs resetting ,remove the rear banjo cover about 8 screws and on the top of the heater is 2 round stats the left one has a hole in it put a saftey pin in the hole till it clicks job done . ps make sure the condenser is always hosed out.
You Legend, thank you!!!

no parts needed just the stat needs resetting ,remove the rear banjo cover about 8 screws and on the top of the heater is 2 round stats the left one has a hole in it put a saftey pin in the hole till it clicks job done . ps make sure the condenser is always hosed out.
Rocks1 I had to sign up just so I could say a BIG thank you for your advice! Was dreading having to phone a technician and thought let me just look on the internet jussssst in case! So glad I did now, ur advice was the first thing to pop up and it worked a treat. Coming from a female that likes to try and do my diy myself before spending money!! So yh, thanx again, you're a star!

Omg... me and partner have just purchased dryer second hand and was really worrying and stressing thinking we had bought a faulty dryer, found this post randomly through google and gave your advice a go.. we are soooo chuffed and so grateful to rocks!!! Couldn't believe it worked, Thankyou!!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back