Hotpoint ctd00 tripping electric

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm having a problem with my hotpoint ctd00 tripping the electric each time I try to turn it on.

I've checked the pumps and pipes and they're clear and dry, cleared out as much lint from all the holes I can see. Filament is also dry.

If I take off the panel that houses the filament and take it away from the main body of the washing machine then it will work and run fine but as soon as the metal of the filament case touches the main machine, it sparks and cuts out. The panel has a rubber ring all the way around it but the trouble is the screws to attach this panel back on creates the connection and sparks out.

I've thought about using rubber washers to prevent the screws touching but seeing as it hasn't had a problem in the past 4 years odd, I'm thinking it shouldn't be cutting out at all when the filament panel touches the main machine?

Can anyone offer any advice?

Cheers,

Sponsored Links
If the metal frame of the "filament" ( which I assume is the heating element ) is Live ( makes a spark when it touches earthed metal ) then the "filament" and/or its panel is defective and need replacing. Handling the frame while it is Live is putting you at high risk of electric shock. possibly fatal.

This model was recalled due to a faulty design

http://www.itv.com/news/2016-04-18/hotpoint-dryer-fire-risk-which-models-are-affected/

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back