Hotpoint washer (Brand New) Trips RCB

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 30ma RCB fitted to my supply, generally no problems, bought new washer, after a week RCB keeps tripping, machine is not being used but is plugged in and switch is on. Checked by plugging machine in and out and its definately the washer. Called Hotpoint engineer he replaced plug lead and filter (electrical), all ok for a week then problem comes back, called Hotpoint engineer again he says washer is ok.

Further info: Have fitted a temporary replacement RCB, still trips; have tried unplugging other items and the computer multisocket lead is part of the problem in particular the computer tower; computer on its own does not trip (and never has for four years), washer on its own does not trip only when both are plugged in. Thinks! could the fact that both these probably have devices to stop power surges etc. be a factor?

Sponsored Links
well its not the m/c then is it.

you have a problem elsewhere.

I have seen it before customer says its x and when you trace it its Y, they assume x because it the last thing they brought

breezer said:
well its not the m/c then is it.

you have a problem elsewhere.

I have seen it before customer says its x and when you trace it its Y, they assume x because it the last thing they brought[/quote from Daltonordon, I understand the logic but still everything is ok - plug in the washer and zap . . . trip goes. Have tried using extension lead and connecting washer to a different ring circuit still the RCB trips. As a get round have ordered a split circuit board thats all electrician can suggest, I suppose it will work but I havn't solved the underlying problem.]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back