Indesit Widl126s Washer/Dryer causes trip in my sockets

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Basically, the Washer Dryer is a couple of months old. Today, while it was drying some clothes, all the sockets in the house went off. I went to electrical box and saw that one of the power switches(the one for the house sockets) was off. I tried to put it back on but it kept tripping off. I localised the problem to the sockets downstairs, and eventually localised it to the washer dryer. I unplugged it and checked the plug fuse which was working ok, but the plug which is plugged in behind the machine seemed slightly wet. I wonder did water get into the socket and cause the trip? However, I then dried it off and tried to plug it in elsewhere and it continued to trip. I plugged the dishwasher into the socket behind the washer dryer and that doesn't cause a trip. But where ever I plug the washer dryer in, in the kitched caused a trip. I amliterally typing this message 20 minutes after the trip.
I am wondering when all cools down and dries out will it work normally again? Or could the problem have caused damage that needs repair, or does anyone have any other suggestions as to what might be wrong. Only sockets tripped, the lights stayed on.

If it makes a difference my PC was running a very powerful programme and struggling to cope(not sure if this would cause any type of power overload?)

ANy help appreciated.

Sponsored Links
If it is only a couple of months old don't infringe the warranty by messing around with it yourself, call service & have them sort it out FOC.

You're right I guess. I was just hoping that somebody might know what is likely to have caused this? I want to make sure I have some idea what I'm talking about when the guy comes to take a look. You know the way these guys can be......oh thats a problem with your Fuses and it'll cost ya x amount, or thats not covered by warranty etc etc

Apart from checking the plug & cable connections inside it, or checking the water supply to the machine to make sure there is no obvious leakage anyplace I would leave it at that. Once you start digging around inside the machine it may void your warranty.

Sponsored Links
Only thing I would check on a machine under warranty with a fault like this is check the moulded plug (possibly fit a different one) I have had a few fail and go short circuit recently on machines

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back