Hotpoint washer dryer WDD960G trip circuit breaker Help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

i've a 3 and half years old Hotpoint washer dryer WDD960G it was working fine but it has now started tripping breaker. i unplugged and testes the plug with multi meter and it is still shows reading. it's look like it is short circuit. can anybody advise what is the problem? and how to sort this out.

any reply is highly appreciated.

regards

Sponsored Links
Unplug the dryer heater element. Then the wash heater then the motor. One of them is tripping.

Unplug the wires on each one. Have you got a mega. ? That's a meter that will show the fault. Ie earth leak Etc.

Sponsored Links
As I said before. Unplug the heater then the motor till it won't trip. Then U will find which one is at fault.

Hi as you said. i disconnected the heater. and plugged the machine back on. now it doesn't trip. it's look like that the heater is faulty. but how do i check the heater now?

You don't have to check it now. The heater is faulty just replace it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back