hotpoint aquarius fdw60 tripping electric

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello.

we have an hotpoint aquarius fdw60 dishwasher to which has been tripping the electric when the machine was plugged in & switched on & so i stripped off all the panels in order to inspect further & to where i found the mains feed live wire had attached itself to the water heater surface to which inturn had melted a piece of the live sleeving leaving the bare wire arked to the heater surface.

anyway , after seperating & replacing the damaged sleeve section,i thought that may have resolved the fault but now after plugging in and pressing the machines on /off button. it trips the house electric straigt away.

therefore any help would be gretaly appreciated. i have checked all wiring for further damage with none found. i have also carefully inspected the boards to which looks like new.

i am wondering as to whether or not a faulty supressor could trip the electric or would a faulty supressor just not allow power thru. in addition, would it make any difference if the panels was still off when i tested after repairing the damaged live wire.
many thanks

Sponsored Links
Unplug the mains surpressor see if it trips. Then the heater then circulation pump. It will be one of those.

thanks for reply matey. yes i thought i would try jumping the supressor tomorrow followed by removing wires to the heater or pump.
regards

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back