Hotpoint Dryer TCD970

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, my hotpoint dryer model TCD970G shows fault code F11, after consulting the error codes finder on-line I bought a new water pump and fitted it (my original pump was frozen solid due to cold weather - the dryer lives in the garage) the F11 fault is still there after fitting a new pump. My question is, How do I get the top off my dryer so that I can have a look around see if there are any wires off the processor ? I can find two screws at the rear on two screws behind the water container on the front panel, when I remove these screws I still can get the top off and I dont want to break anything using brute force.

Sponsored Links
once the 2 screws are removed hard slap on the front lid and it slides back .pocb is down the front bottom remove right hand side panel check pump wires are connected to pcb .it also show this code on auto cycle and the wool cycles at the end

Thanks for your prompt reply, I now have the dryer opened and the circuit board free. All looks in good order, nothing loose and the components look in good condition. I guess that now I can identify the circuit board I can perhaps purchase a new one. I have the details from the board to guide me in selecting the correct component.

No don't buy one they cost alot. Plus you need a smart card and reader cost well over 100.00 quid. And it might not cure it. When does f 11 come up straight away or half way though, is the condenser clean and filter.

Sponsored Links
It all started when we had a very hard freeze and the pump froze solid. After replacing the pump I found that when I set the dryer to dry in auto mode it runs fro apprx 20 seconds before the F11 error code displays, also I see a row of green oblong warning lights flash at the bottom of the display panel.
If I select a manual drying mode I find that the dryer starts to operate and does in fact blow hot air into the drum but again after a approx 40secons to a minute I see the error code F11. The drum continues to rotate and the cycle does finish nut because there is not hot air circulating the clothes are still wet or damp at the end of the drying cycle.

can u dry the pcb with a hair dryer or leave it in a warm area for a few days to dry out . you poss got damp in it

Yes I have tried that, the dryer has been indoors now for 2 weeks so should be reasonably dry by now. It all looks dry.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back