Hotpoint DWF50 - Prewash Light Only

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys

We have a Hotpoint DWF50 Dishwasher that keeps stopping halfway through the cycle.

We have had the various flashing lights previously at other times (ie blocked pump etc) but not the Prewash one only.

Basically the dishwasher will start the wash cycle and half way through will stop and the prewash light (no5) comes on and flashes (note again it is only the Prewash light and nothing else).

It does fill and drain as normal but won't complete the cycle.

Plates etc seem reasonably clean even though it doesn't get to the rinse cycle but obviously something isn't right.

Any suggestions please?

Thanks

WJUK

Sponsored Links
Thermistor fault. Remove the top panel and check the white thermistor is attached to the rear of the dispenser. If it is you need a new pcb.

Thanks Rocks

Sorry to sound like an imbecile but what does the Thermistor look like? - and is it the "top panel" or the top panel on the front of the dishwasher )where the programme buttons etc are.

Any idea on costs - we seem to have paid out quite a bit on the dishwasher over the past couple of years :(

Cheers

WJUK

Remove the screws round the top panel and look down to the back of the dispenser. It's got 2 black wire from the pcb going to a little White square on the dispenser that's the thermistor. If it clipped to the back new pcb req cost about £50.

Sponsored Links
Remove the screws round the top panel and look down to the back of the dispenser. It's got 2 black wire from the pcb going to a little White square on the dispenser that's the thermistor. If it clipped to the back new pcb req cost about £50.

Thanks mate.

I checked this out today and noticed that the white connector that the 2 black wires go into on the pcb end was at a slight angle and didn't seem to be "plugged in" on one side.

I didn't want to pull it just in case it was attached properly and would then breal etc - does it just plug in at the board end (it looked like it should be fixed) or can you just change the leads?

Also couldn't find the pcb for £50 if I do need to change it.... can you point me in the right direction...

I guess this is it here but £78... http://www.espares.co.uk/part/dishw.../539025/539024/dishwasher-programme-modu.html

Any idea if the PCB is the same for other DWF models in case I can pick up a 2nd hand one from ebay etc.

Thanks
WJUK

Another update for you :(

Ran the cycle and it seemed to be working fine until I discovered water everywhere. It seems to be coming out of the door like an overflow rather than anywhere else.

Turned it on and off a couple of times and the pump does drain at the beginning so it appears there is no water in the machine but again overflows when it continues.

Have tried to tilt it 45 degrees as read elsewhere but no water came out and get the same results.

Any suggestions please before I go mad.... 1:15am and I need some sleep :eek:

Thanks

WJUK

It should be plugged on to Pcb straight it does not come off if part of the pcb. Is the White square attached on the rear of the dispenser. Try again and see what light penlights are flashing make sure it's empty before it starts up.

Hi Rocks

Good to know as it didn't look like it should have come off. However there are no flashing lights now at all anytime during the cycle just the solid standard one (ie. prewash, wash etc) but if we run the programme the dishwasher overflows near the front door :(

At present there is no water in the bottom (apart from a tiny bit in the bottom where the filter sits and as usual some where the salt goes) as the pump drained it all but if we start it up it will overflow.

Is there a way of checking whether it is actually empty? - not sure if I read correctly somewhere something about water getting in the base?

Cheers

WJUK

Is the spray arms moving freely. Also pull out the top basket and check the large nut at the back on the inside of the dishwasher is the rubber washer perished. Water is normally in the base under the dishwasher that would cause it not to fill but not in your case. Also check the door seals are not loose, can u adjust the front feet so it tilts back.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back