hotpoint DWF50 Dishwasher

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there I wonder if anyone can be of help. I have a hotpoint DWF50 dishwasher, It fills ok with water on a wash, drains away but as soon as it goes on to the rinse cycle it stops and makes a humming sort of noise and also the green eco wash cycle light starts flashing. I have checked the water coming in/out and the filters so Im at a loss. Any ideas ? :?:

Sponsored Links
It's leaking into the base, drain the base and try again. Check for a leak.
What tablets are you using? Do you put rinse aid in the machine?

Hi there, thanks for your reply. I use finish dishwasher tablets and finish rinse aid. However I am confused, leaking into the base ? do you mean the base of the machine ? Theres been no water on the floor or anything to indicate a leak.
Many thanks

It shouldn't leak onto the floor. It's a sealed base with an anti flood device.
Your anti flood device has been activated, therefore, base is flooded.
If you're using finish 3,4 or 5 in 1 tablets and rinse aid. This would mean that you're double dosing on rinse aid, the tablets have rinse aid built into them and this is probably causing excessive foaming. This could account for the flooded base.
Drain the water out of the base of the machine. Try it through a programme without a tablet and check for leaks into the base.
You'll have to stop using tablets and use powder until the rinse aid in your machine is finished to prevent overfoaming.

Sponsored Links
Hi there.
Do I just manually hold the waste pipe upside down to drain it or is there somewhere at the back that I unscrew and it should drain ?
Thanks

Power off, take off the lid and left hand panel. Sponge the water out of the base or some tubing and syphon it out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back