Hotpoint Fault Code.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, my son has a Hotpoint Aquarius and its showing fault code 'f06'.
The door won't open at present. Can anyone tell me what the problem is and will he need a service engineer. Ity is under parts and labour warranty until 2015.

Sponsored Links
See Below:

F06 indicates a faulty door lock or a fault on the electronics of the main board supplying power to the door lock.

Unplug the appliance.
Wait 10 minutes.
Give the handle a thump or two.
Try opening the door.

Does it open? If not:

This suggests the door lock has failed.
Hopefully it won't have damaged the main control board.

Unplug the appliance.
Take the top off.
Reach down inside and you'll find the door lock.
In the middle of it you should find the latch pin just poking through the door lock.
Try opening the door by pushing the latch pin over.

Or call out the insurance you have on it.

Andy

Thanks Andy. Will text my son tonight when I get home. Probably take advantage of the warranty call out as he is not electrically/mechanically adept unfortunately.

Much appreciated.

Andy, just to let you know, the first option worked and the door opened.
Thank you.

Should he still get a service engineer out or just see if it happens a few more times?

Sponsored Links
I would say get the service engineer out, he will probably fit a new lock. You know if you leave it then it will only break just before xmas when no one can come out until the new year.

Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back