Hotpoint FDW60 problems...first heating unit now over filling?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I recently started googling what was wrong with my fdw60 dishwasher. Just one fine day lights 4 and 6 started flashing and it wouldnt work anymore. Thanks to a super thread where someone else had the same problem I found that the problem was with the heating unit. I bought a couple of new hose clamps and a heating unit online for about £30 and set about installing it. Everything went well and the dishwasher started off fine but 15 mins later it stopped yet again and this time light 3 (eco light) started flashing. I read up online and it seemed the problem was the washer overfilling. So first I tipped the water out and then realised I may have connected the float switch wires the wrong way around when I was assembling the machine again. So I switched it around and restarted the machine. For 45 mins it worked fine and I was thinking id finally fixed it when it stopped again and is flashing light 3 again....I dont know anymore what the problem could me and really need advice and help about this. I'm hoping one of you awesome ppl have a better idea of what's going on. Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back