1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Hotpoint FDW60 problems...first heating unit now over filling?

Discussion in 'Appliances' started by Sam sean, 18 Dec 2019.

1. Sam sean

Sam sean

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi all, I recently started googling what was wrong with my fdw60 dishwasher. Just one fine day lights 4 and 6 started flashing and it wouldnt work anymore. Thanks to a super thread where someone else had the same problem I found that the problem was with the heating unit. I bought a couple of new hose clamps and a heating unit online for about £30 and set about installing it. Everything went well and the dishwasher started off fine but 15 mins later it stopped yet again and this time light 3 (eco light) started flashing. I read up online and it seemed the problem was the washer overfilling. So first I tipped the water out and then realised I may have connected the float switch wires the wrong way around when I was assembling the machine again. So I switched it around and restarted the machine. For 45 mins it worked fine and I was thinking id finally fixed it when it stopped again and is flashing light 3 again....I dont know anymore what the problem could me and really need advice and help about this. I'm hoping one of you awesome ppl have a better idea of what's going on. Thanks