Hotpoint FFA97 fridge wont chill stuck on defrost

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We've had this fridge freezer for over 7 years without any issues apart from under warranty the freezer iced up and engineer unscrewed the plastic lining at the back of the freezer and refitted a new plastic lining . Last week the freezer started icing up bad and fridge didn't chill anymore . I went online to see advice and said try defrosting etc .i did this and left it off for 24 hrs .all dry free of ice switched on and freezer started chilling but fridge remained stuck warm .i removed the fast freeze flap sensor in fridge and used a hairdryer to blow down the vent channel for ten minutes , still fridge wouldn't chill . Temp was set to 2c freezer working fab I now removed all scart leads to the PCB and reconnected them . Still fridge stuck warm . I gave up but left fridge on with door full open for two days and today the third day I closed the fridge door ready to disconnect it to scrap it and low and behold the fridge started to chill . I can't fully understand why but its working 100% . I can only assume the pipes , vents needed more than usual time to defrost to kick start again . [/b]

Sponsored Links
Yep. Hidden ice in the channels. You need at least 48 hrs for a full defrost. You can't see the channels or tubes there boxed in the back.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back