Hotpoint induction hob fault.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know what fault code F18 means on a Hotpoint induction hob.
It only ever appears on the left hand rings even if we are cooking on the right ones. it also only appears if the hob has been used previously and left with power to it, in other words if I switch the cooker point off and back on again the fault does not occur. I cannot understand this. can anyone help?

Sponsored Links
If its under warranty I'd get the manufacturers out, if its not under warranty I'd get the manufacturers out !

I work on them for a different manufacturer and they're a complicated bit of kit my suggestion is based on experience of fixing them !!!

F18 is a communication fault. Check the cable from display Pcb to the power board. It that's tight then the only option would be change both boards.

Sponsored Links
Precisely thats why its best to get their service engineer only one board may be reqd and they will fit the one as opposed to two !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back