Hotpoint Integrated Fridge 6935 -milk spill

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Bad enough that milk spilled inside the fridge but it appears (smells like) some has run down defrost hole at rear and into the tray where defrost water gathers. Yes the milk was not stored in the door! This tray appears virtually inaccessible with only a small gap allowing partial access and inadequate cleaning and that is only after extracting this beast of a fridge from its lair. After 18 years the tray appears to have plenty of crud in it now augmented by milk. Time and circumstances prevented me giving the tray the clean I would like to have given it. i was hoking about with a cloth on apiece of wire.The fridge had to go back. Is this tray removable or any more accessible by some other means even if the fridge has to come out again. Have thought of pouring a solution of some sodium bicarbonate down the defrost hole to counter the smell.

Sponsored Links
Yes tray should pull off. Unless it's screwed on by the top. Give it a wash put tray back and tip water down the hole so it goes onto the tray till its clear and clean.

Thanks Rocks1 but this tray looks like the fridge was built round it! Although it looks to be a separate piece I think I can see a plastic pillar placed in the centre of it to which I suspect it is attached. If the tray is to come out which direction is ti meant to be extracted?

Sponsored Links
Loosen the 3 screws securing the left hand side base to the cabinet. Then remove 3 screws on the right hand side, raise the cabinet on the right hand side about 6 inches and wedge in to position then you can have access to it. Good luck don't break it its obsolete.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back