Hotpoint Washer/Dryer WD440 - location of connectors on PCB?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

My washing machine is displaying code F02 which I've found points to motor jammed or Tacho failure.

On checking connector J9 on PCB, 2 connectors have come off and I don't know where they go!!

I've attached pics.

Any help appreciated

Thanks

Leo

Sponsored Links
Are the two leads you marked on the second photo the same two that appear in the photo of the pcb?
The heater element must have 2 supply cables, but it doesn't matter which way round they go (if that is what you are wondering).

Thanks Zipper

Yes they are the same leads, do you know where they plug in on the PCB?

I've got 6 options:

The 2 connections to the right of the sticker (on photo)

2 connections above 4 block connector bottom left hand side

2 connections above 3 block connector top right hand side

Thanks

Leo

Sponsored Links
You may be in trouble...I can't pull a schematic for this model & I can't remember the pcb configuration :(
Look on the pcb for a connector block marked J3. Are pins 5 & 6 available? If they are I can only suggest one of 3 things: 1: Wait until our resident Indesit guru reads this post (rocks1)....2: Contact Indesit & ask which connector pins supply heater voltage on this pcb (they probably won't tell you)....or 3: Connect a multimeter to pins 5 & 6 on J3 (isolate the two vacant wires). Then run a wash cycle & check if 240v appears on your meter after approx 10-20mins. Of course a prerequisite to doing the latter would rely on the original F02 fault being resolved first.

I've got J5 which has 2 terminals, one terminal marked up with 1.
J3, 2 terminals, one terminal marked up 6.
J4, 2 terminals, one terminal marked up 5

Thanks

Leo

The 2 wires go on j 3. Tags 5 and 6. Don't matter what way round.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back