Hotpoint Washer overfill

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 5 year old Hotpoint washer that will not shut off the fill water, all wash cycles the water will fill the tub to overflowing, even in the rinse cycle the water fill will not shut off by itself. Cycles will not agitate. If I manually move the timer past the wash cycle the water will drain and the tub will spin. Any help on pinpointing the problem will be appreciated. :(

Sponsored Links
The pressure switch has a small rubber or plastic hose connected to it. Check that it does not have any holes rubbed in it along its length. Pull the hose off the pressure switch and blow into the switch, it will click probably twice the harder you blow into it. When the pressure is released it will click again.
If that comes up OK try blowing down the tube as you might have a blockage on the other end. There is a small plastic bottle which gets clogged. Hope this helps.
Eric.

You were right on target. I found that the problem was the hose had come loose from the plastic bottle. Once I reattached the hose the washer began working properly. Thank you for your input it saved me many dollars and countless hours of trying to trace the problem down. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back