Hotpoint WD240 Locating Condenser

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Going round in Circles. Hot wet clothes after drying cycle.
There is an aluminium duct at side top of machine that contains heater and fan. Heats up O.K. and fan rotates freely. Not clear whether this is condenser as no water supply to it that I can discern. Hence condensation must take place elswhere. But where?

Sponsored Links
depending on the serial number, on the back of the heater box is a grey pipe on the heater box underneath that is a fluff filter that needs cleaning and check the valve is working it should give short spirts of water into the mc to clean the filter.

depending on the serial number, on the back of the heater box is a grey pipe on the heater box underneath that is a fluff filter that needs cleaning and check the valve is working it should give short spirts of water into the mc to clean the filter.
I have attempted by these two photos to show my configuration.
There is a grey corrugated pipe.Is this the one that washes filter?
I have lifted off cast Aluminium housing which contains heater and fan.No large fluff deposits but no signs of a filter.If there is one it must be in the bowels of the casting off the drum.
Seems next step is to see if water comes out of the small grey corrugated pipe.
Thanks so far. Any other thoughts given the pictures?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back