Hotpoint WD420

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Hoptpoint WD420 washing machine that is around ten years old and now when i switch the machine on the display lights constantly flash and the machine will not work.

I have tried de-power re-power with no success. I did have a little succes with holding in the power button when i applied the mains but this does not work now.

Any ideas please?

Sponsored Links
Right i've made a little progress but still have the same problem :rolleyes:

As i have lights 1,2,3 & 4 flashing i uderstand that this is error code -

http://www.mosogepszerviz.info/HIBAKODOK/hotpoint/index2.htm

F15 - Water is not being pumped out and a flood condition could occur. Check that the drainage hose is raised to the recommended minimum height and that the pipe is not blocked.

I then find this amusing blog which helps me to empty the filter/drainage pipe.

http://glynne-bashbashbash.blogspot.co.uk/2011/01/how-to-repair-hotpoint-aquarius-wd420or.html

i have cleared out the filter/drainage pipe of all the coins(£4.56), 3 allen keys! and all the other fluff but the lights continue to flash :evil:

Anything else i can do please?

You got error f15. Heater relay in pcb. New pcb required.

Sponsored Links
Them error codes you got read further down. F15 is dryer relay not the top one that is for a differant model. I been doing these for 20 plus years so I know what I'm talking about. The pcb is faulty and needs replacing.

Them error codes you got read further down. F15 is dryer relay not the top one that is for a differant model. I been doing these for 20 plus years so I know what I'm talking about. The pcb is faulty and needs replacing.

You have a link for a new pcb please?

The only company I know that does recon ones is emw in Nottingham about 45.00 quid

The only company I know that does recon ones is emw in Nottingham about 45.00 quid

Ok thanks.

I removed the pcb today and the only part number i can see is LT-C126. If i can get a replacement pcb will it be a case of a straight swap?

Many thanks :)

Yes plug and play. Send it to them and I think 24 hr turnaround

You said lights1234 are flashing. That's error fo15. Heater relay on pcb. But if every single light is flashing then it's the c17 cap.

That's f15. Relay in pcb. C17 fault the top lights flash as well as the rest of them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back