Hotpoint WD440

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys went to turn on my hotpoint washer this morning and had this problem. Power light is on so pressed start button,but door light does not come on to lock door so machine does not work?? Door is still unlocked so can open it but will not go into any wash cycles.
Any ideas what the problem might be?
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
hi thank you for the fast reply, where is the best place to get replacement brushes? and do I access the motor from taking the top of the machine off?

Hi have ordered new Brushes for wd440. If that does not solve the problem what would be my next step?
Thank you

Sponsored Links
I have now replaced Brushes, am getting the power light and now the wash light is on. But still no locked door light so the machine is still not working. Have also tried to put it on rinse only, so then I get the rinse light but again no door locked light.
Any more ideas for me to try?
Thanks guys.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back