Hotpoint wd640 not drying

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,

this is my first cry for help so sorry if it's been asked before, obvious, dumb etc etc,

I did look at the histroy but couldn't find an answer.

My hotpoint wd640 isn't drying.

looking on the heater box.....

The fan works, I've replaced the themistor, but still no heat.

The element does heat up when connected (albit for a short period) to a current.

There is one other bit which I'm not sure what it is and must be the problem.

One end of the element is connected to what looks like a thermostat / solid state device. If I bypass this the element heats up very quickly.

note - I'm not talking about the theristor which has one plug with two thin wires running from it. This has two wires one directly connected to the element.

If I reconnect it, nothing - no heat.

What is this device and how do I fix it.

many thanks....the wife is driving me nuts telling me we have to get a new machine but I'm convinced it can be fixed.

Sponsored Links
it can be reset ,in the middle is a blob of paint stick a safety pin in there you will here a click then its reset .but if it goes again in a short time something else is wrong ie blocked fan with fluff or heaterbox got fluff in it .

Sponsored Links
thanks for the quick reply !!

ordered one already. hope it works !!

thks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back