Hotpoint WDL540 not emptying

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My washer dryer will not empty during a wash cycle.
The pump runs for around a second and then stops eventually leading to a lot of flashing lights.
I have checked the filter and removed an elastic band from the impellor and also cleared some coins from the trap in the hose but did not find any real obstructions.
The output hose seems clear and runs freely when lowered below the drum to syphon off the water.
I removed the pump and have bench tested it and it runs fine even under load.

So basically my machine tries to pump out and water flows out of the outlet but then stops after around a second.
Has anyone else experienced this?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Themistor on the heater box will cause this to happen.

Thanks for the reply, excuse my ignorance but wereabouts can I find this and what does it look like? Is it on the main control PCB? Thanks again.
Roger

Remove the lid, heater box on top of the drum. Thermistor is on the right hand side with 2 thin wires on it. You bed to split the heater box with torx bits to replace the thermistor.

Sponsored Links
Yes. Swap it over with the wash heater thermistor. Found at the back of the drum down the bottom.

Super, that cured it, just need to get a new one tomorrow then.
Thank you for your time, I know who to call next time.
Roger :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back