Hotpoint WF340 fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Fault with my Brothers Hotpoint Aquarius WF340. Think the fault is to do with the door lock, the door lock light doesn't come on, the door locks ok, so the cycle doesn't start. Ordered a new door lock and fitted this, still the same. Checked internet and found that pins 3 and 4 at the door lock should be linked when door closed, shorted these out but still same fault. Checked continuity of the 3 wires from the door lock to the main computer board and ok. Looking like fault is on the computer board, 60 pounds for a repaired pcb, but not 100% sure. Any ideas? What device could be causing fault on the computer board, think looking on the net it's a Mark 4 board. The strange thing is when I went to look at it the other day I managed to get it to start for 3 or 4 seconds and then stopped again,door lock light went off. I have removed the computer board, cleaned up connections, refitted but still the same. Anybody seen this fault before?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Cos it takes the neutral supply though the motor. Just check them for wear

Thanks very much, brushes were worn, replaced them and working fine. Would never have thought they would cause fault unless I had drawings, Cheers, :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back