hotpoint wf541 fault code

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my hotpoint aquarius wf541 has decieded it wont pump out the water at the end of the cycle,everything works fine until it needs to empty,originally the fault code i found was a pump blockage or fault,i found the pump burnt out due to a coin jamming the impeller.after replacing the pump the fault is still apparent but the fault code is different,now it flashes the reduced creases and mini load lights at the end of the cycle,could someone please point me in the right direction as to what it could be,i have checked the condition of all the wiring which all checks out fine,i am leaning toward the circuit board having failed although this also looks fine.when it originally failed it tripped the fusebox

Sponsored Links
wot number lights are they 1 and 2 3 and 4 etc

there is 5 buttonson the left hand side in a sort of vertical set up,so i suppose it would be lights 2 and 4

2 and 4 means code fo5 pump blocked have you unpluged mc for 2 mins after repair to reset it ,if you replaced pump the board has poss fried :eek:

Sponsored Links
im getting really good at taking this machine apart now.. i pulled out the circuit board and hey presto its all burnt out.brilliant!!im having some difficulty in locating the correct part,a lot of the spares web sites dont show pictures or recognise any of the numbers ive goton my board,if anyone can suggest a good site i would be very grateful

cheers rocks,ive just been on their website and found what i need straight away,ill ring them tomorrow and order one

Hi Rocks1

I have the same washer wf541

it stopped working last night and now it has lights 2,3,4 flashing.

any idea what this would mean?

Thanks

thanks for all your help,my washing machine is working a treat now.and ive gotta say EMW electronics service was excellent,it only took 2 days to send the module,get it repaired and get it back

lights 2 3 4 is fo7 heater relay stuck on module ,same as last post send to emw for ex board ,easy to fit, cost less than call charges from hotpoint :LOL:

I just thought I would give you an update on our antics!

I got the new board from emw and the machine still wouldn't move on from the wash cycle. I figured the heater or thermistor was bust, so I found one at a local shop. I fitted it and put some washing in, when I returned home it had boiled the washing for 3 hours, the door and soap tray had melted,, I guessed the heater was now working... I changed the thermistor from the old one and now it works fine. - minus the melted parts!

Thanks.

Hi. I have owned a WF541 now for about 3 years and thought I would list some of the faults I have had and their cures.

Machine stops at in middle of cycle and panel lights flash - Blocked water out pump caused by coins in impellor. Either remove filter on front (bottom right under kick panel) and remove obstructions or as in my case remove pump and clean fully. Can be accessed by tipping machine up and removing two screws on front panel. Next remove hose clips and one electical connector. Also check grey waste pipe. Mine was completely blocked with old soap powder and bore was less than 1/2". Once cleaned out all worked well.

Lights flash all the time - Normally faulty PCB panel inside on bottom right looking from front. Worth trying to clean edge connectors first as expensive.

Machine stays stuck in the wash cycle indefinately - Faulty heater unit. PCB won't change cycle to rinse until temperature is correct so goes on indefinately. You can verify this fault by setting to '11' (Quick Wash) and selecting 'No heat' on the front panel. Machine should complete cycle. Also you can still do some washing whilst waiting for new part to arrive (approx £20).

Generally it is important to preserve the bearing life as the drum is a sealed unit and very expensive if bearings go. I run mine on a low spin speed and clean using calgon to avoid deposit build ups. Also clean the detergent tray regularly.

Hi! There,

Have a problem with my washing machine. I read through the post and I suppose the error is F15.

Lights that are flashing currently :

(On the Left Panel)

Wash Enhance

Reduced Creases

Rinse Hold

Mini Load

(On the Right Panel)

Final Spin

On/Off

Also sometimes just these lights flash :

(On the Left Panel)

Wash Enhance

Reduced Creases

Rinse Hold

(On the Right Panel)

Final Spin

On/Off

--------

Rock1 seems to be the expert here but could anyone tell me how to fix it and what part to buy from www.emwelec.co.uk ?

Thanks.

UPDATE - The lights stopped flashing and the machine turned off. When I pressed ON/OFF, now on the Left Panel - Wash Enhance (1) and Mini Load (4) are flashing slowly and on right panel just the ON/OFF is flashing fast.

Ave a read of the post today at 1629. Hotpoint wd420. Same fault as yours a cap from maplins cost 50 p

Ave a read of the post today at 1629. Hotpoint wd420. Same fault as yours a cap from maplins cost 50 p

Thank you rocks1.. Will give it a shot even though I have never done anything like this...;o)) and let you all know.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back