HOTPOINT WF541

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI CAN ANYONE HELP. MY HOTPOINT WF541 HAS DEVELOPED A FAULT. WHEN YOU PUT IT ON A PROGRAM, IT JUST GOES ONTO THR PROGRAM, FILLS THEN DOES NOT MOVE ON INTO THE PROGRAM, IT JUST WASHES AND WASHES. NO LIGHTS FLASH. I TRIED RUNNING IT WITH A NO HEAT SETTING BUT IT ALSO DOES THE SAME THING. IF YOU GO ON A PUMP OUT SETTING THE MACHINE EMPTIES OK.

THANKS IN ADVANCE - DAVE.

Sponsored Links
i know is an old thread but can anyone tell me how to follow rocks advice on checking the heater open circuit? i have the same problem that dave has. currently running the machine on no heat and it has moved in cycle for the 1st time in ages.
been reading alot of the replys to problems with this machine and this rocks1 dude truly rocks when it comes to sorting out the problems, props to you sir.
correct me if i am wrong, i am looking at either;
(1) replacing the heater element
(2) replacing the entire pcb
(3) replacing the heating relay in the pcb

thxs in advance for your time to reply

cheers
sean b

Put a meter in the terminals of the heater if it reads 25 ish ohms the heaters ok. Reads nothing it's gone , or use a continuity tester if it bleeps it works if it don't its knacked.

Sponsored Links
a massive thxs to rocks1 again. sorted it with new heater. this dude really rocks
cheers
sean b
:D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back