Hotpoint WMA50P Door Interlock & PCB

Brill, you're a star. I'll order up the brushes and try to remove the plastic housing. I'm also going to order a door interlock as I think I've broken it by taking it apart :LOL:

I'll post back in a few days once the parts have arrived and I've built up the courage to solder the PCB :cool:

Sponsored Links
The new brushes should arrive tomorrow, so in anticipation I have started removing the motor (to easily fit the new brushes).

I've removed the 2 bolts using a socket set. The third connection isn't a nut but looks like a rubber washer around a metal arm. Does this just push out? I've removed all I can see holding the motor in place (2 bolts) but it still won't budge.

Any tips for getting the motor out?

Motor pulls forward don't loose the black washer on third leg, you might need to tap the spindle on the motor very gently.

Thanks. When you say "spindle", is that the silver metal part protruding through the black washer, or something else?

Sponsored Links
No the spindle on the front that the belt went round , it's got about 8 grooves in it.

Argh the brushes don't fit in the White plastic housing around the motor! The old brushes have small metal lugs on the side which slide into small female slots on the existing White housing which wraps around half the motor.

The new brushes came in black plastic housing with screw holes but my motor doesn't have removable brush holders. I've taken the black covers off to reveal the gold brushes. Sadly these brushes do NOT have the important side lugs so they won't stay put in the existing White housing which expects lugs on the brushes.

All spares sites seem to sell brushes in black housing and it seems they don't have side lugs. Help!!!!

Oops double post.

Here some pics of the motor now I've removed it from the machine (brushes removed) :

x4pvk0.jpg

2vv81ep.jpg

faqudx.jpg

k009s5.jpg

Here are some pics of the old brushes which slotted into the white plastic housing which is attached to motor (notice little side lugs that slot into female slots) :

2vnnfp4.jpg

Here's the new brushes which arrived in black housing like this (all spare part sites appear to sell them inside plastic housing) :

3492jhy.jpg

And once removed from black housing, the new brushes look like this (notice they have no side lugs at all meaning they wont sit tight into existing white motor housing) :

2zewcup.jpg

have you tried taking the brushes out of the holder thats the brass bit and putting them in your old one ,the end piece just unclips.

No haven't tried that, should the whole carbon brush & spring & end piece all remove from the brass housing? I'll give it a try.

Don't understand why parts badged as fitting a WMA50P clearly dont!

yes the whole thing slides out try that .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back