hotpoint wma44 washer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

right, its a bit long winded, but here goes!

Washer stopped working...
I've been told that at first the drum wouldn't spin. after a couple of goes there was a bang.

I found a blown track on the pcb. From a service manual it is one of the 3 that go to the door interlock.
I repaired the board, and have checked continuity around the repair. Have replaced door interlock with a new one. (although it does look a little different to the original)

Have checked wiring for continuity from edge connector on pcb to door interlock connector, all ok.

Problem with the washing machine is that the door locked light keeps flashing when trying to start a program.

Motor brushes were checked and were fairly worn with approx 10mm length remaining. Have been replaced with new ones. Have tested armature from edge connector, got 5 ohms.
Field winding checked 1.3 ohms, split field 0.5 ohms.
Tacho generator apparently is meant to be about 135 ohms, I got 193.

I tried to run through the auto test procedure, this failed, giving the code indicating the door lock circuit faulty.

I then tried the manual test sequence, all I could get to operate was the heater relay.
I presume this is because the door will not lock, so it won't fill machine with water or spin etc.

I think I should try to test if there is voltage at the door interlock when I try to start a program?

Unsure what to try next, I'm guessing its either another faulty door interlock, or time to replace the pcb? (don't really want to replace something I can't be sure is faulty...)

any help appreciated!

cheers
Mike

Sponsored Links
Did you replace door lock with a white one ,did you reverse the wires round the wires should face the drum not the front of machine.

The new lock is indeed a white one, and the connecting plug does have to be turned round to make it fit (only goes one way).

I have checked who I bought it from and his suppliers say its the correct one.

are you suggesting that I need to swap the positions of the two outer wires in the plug?

cheers
Mike

unplug connector block on door lock and simply turn around so the wires face the drum .

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back