Hotpoint aquarius – model WM64N does not start

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hotpoint aquarius – model WM64N, stopped working. The door lock red light does not come on. Hence I initially believed the door interlock is faulty, it does not operate and lock the door and connect the live and the common to pass electricity to the rest of the washing machine. What confirm my suppression was when I connect the live on the door interlock mechanism to the common (by passing the internal mechanism) the washing machine works with no problem. Ordered a new door interlock and fitted it but still have the same problem. Can you help please

Sponsored Links
Many thanks for the reply. What do you mean by the actuator?. If you mean the tang that is fixed on the door and goes into the door interlock, the answer is yes. When I test the interlock I took it out side the machine body from the top. Also, forgot to mention in my post that I can get stable reading across the L and N of resistance on my multimeter.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back