HOTPOINT WASHING MACHINE DOOR LOCKED

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI, I HAVE A HOTPOINT SUPER 9776 WASHING MACHINE, THE DOOR IS STUCK IN LOCKED, I HAVE RELEASED THE INTERLOCK FROM THE INSIDE TO GET THE WASHING REPLACED THE CATCH NO GOOD. IM NOT SURE ITS THE PECKER BECAUSE WHATEVER POSITION THE BOWDEN CABLE IS IN THE INTERLOCK IS STILL LOCKED, COULD IT BE THE INTERLOCK? AS THE PART THE CATCH GOES IN TO OPERATE THE INTERLOCK DOES NOT OPERATE THE LOCK ITSELF AND HAS NO RESISTANCE (AS IF IT IS NOT CONNECTED TO ANYTHING) PLEASE HELP

ALSO IS THE BOWDEN CABLE SUPPOSED TO COME OUT OF THE PECKER MECHANISM OR IS IT SUPPOSED TO BE ALL IN ONE, COS I LOST MY RAG AND PULLED IT OUT OF THE PECKER. IF NOT ILL GLUE IT BACK TOGETHER

THANKS

Sponsored Links
CAPITAL letters are used on the forums if you wish to shout!!!!!!!

It sounds as if you do indeed need a new interlock for your machine.

Thankyou Gees, i am indeed new to these forum thingys and are a wee unsure as to the etiquite involved, i used the macine the other day (or tryed) and was going to release it from behind but the blody thing overfilled and water gushed out of the draw (the draw was shut), would this have owt to do with the interlock as this did not happen the otherf day when the door first jammed, also the drum was nearly completely full of water, could i have caught sometyhing with my arm when i released the interlock the first time? (im not built for small spaces)
thanks for youre time and expertese so far, you are all good eggs

Overfilling is usually caused by either a faulty pressure switch or a blocked pipe leading to the switch... I am not familiar with your machine as is has been a few years since I repaired white goods ( I now do IT equipment .. Much lighter in weight and no where near as smelly)

I am sure if you are patient help will arrive.........

Sponsored Links
Thanks Gees i blew down the vacuum pipe from, the interlock to the pressure bottle thingy and the pressure switch clicked so defo not a blockage, the drum now bangs wildly on spin (it allways did mind) i think ill bleedin give up on it and buy a new machine the are only a cuple of hundred quid, and i dont blaim you for giving them up as a repair job i find cars a whole heck of a lot easier to understand than these fizzin fings.
ta gees

I am new to this forum...I have the selfsame problem with Aquarious
(WF321) washing machine -15months old- any help appreciated.

whats it doing over filling or door locked

door locked... with washed clothes still in drum, tried running another wash
but to no effect.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back