washing machine broken

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi i have a hotpoint wmf540 washing machine and every time i try to turn it on it doesnt seem to lock and flashes the word door on the display?i have replaced the interlock and it has stayed the same could it be the pcb?it doesnt look burnt out but i dont really know about these things
?

Sponsored Links
without seeing it its difficult to tell but that series of models are prone to having faulty pcb's.
it will be covered under your 5 year parts guarantee so would only cost you the labour through hotpoint.

Post up the serial number , that model has only been out since 2008. It will cost you parts and labour £110.00, you have a motor fault on that machine.

Sponsored Links
Hi is the serial no the 1 above model no inside door?that 1 is 62098901080011 ,do you think the pcb is the problem? It sometimes locks but doesnt seem 2 know its locked so wont start the cycle,what parts will i need? Am determined 2 fix it myself if its possible

Serial number is 9 digits long , it should start with
7 8 or a 9. It's a motor fault. Motor is £80.00 pcb is £75.00 , pcb you have to programme that you cannot do yourself.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back