Hotpoint WML520 washing machine - flashing door lock light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Please help!

I have this thing more or less stripped down so have easy access to all parts.

Door lock light flashes and nothing happens when I start a cycle. I have removed and inspected the main board which has a build up of black dust around the capacitor C4 and the surrounding area. All components, tracks, and joints look sound apart from this.

Could the board be dead? Can I test it?

How do I test the door interlock and verify correct function prior to purchasing another one?

Any other pointers most welcome, and will be gratefully received.

Thanks in advance
Valleyboy

Sponsored Links
Hi Rocks

Thanks for the response, much apreciated.

I have literally just checked them 30 seconds ago. They are making contact but seem to be right at the end of their travel in their shafts. Could this be it?!

VB

Take the brushes out. How much carbon left.

Sponsored Links
They are in metal sleeves, won't come out. There is a viewing hole in the sleeve, no carbon visible in this position. They are all the way out and approx. 5mm protruding from metal sleeve.

See my images for a photo, sorry, unsure how to link to it from here....

Edit: Worked it out now :rolleyes:

Great! Thanks again for the advice. Hope this solves the problem. I will report back here to let everyone know how I got on, and hopefully close this topic out.

Regards
VB

Hi

Please help!

I have this thing more or less stripped down so have easy access to all parts.

Door lock light flashes and nothing happens when I start a cycle. I have removed and inspected the main board which has a build up of black dust around the capacitor C4 and the surrounding area. All components, tracks, and joints look sound apart from this.

Could the board be dead? Can I test it?

How do I test the door interlock and verify correct function prior to purchasing

Any other pointers most welcome, and will be gratefully received.

Thanks in advance
Valleyboy

Hi, after checking your problem with my similar one, I got to the section where I would have to remove the motor. I had a quick look beforehand to see where the brushes were situated and found one of the connecting wires which slid onto the brush terminal had somehow worked loose and was barely touching it. A quick crimp to make the connection tighter and problem sorted.
A quick visual examination could save you a lot of hassle and expense if an engineer was called.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back