Hotpoint WT540 ON/OFF light stuck on but machine not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

The ON/OFF light on my WT540 in permanently on - it does not turn off when I press the on/off button. When I turn off at the mains, and then turn on again, the 5 lights on the left (wash enhance to extra rinse), the final spin light and the on/off light flash, and then the reduced creases light (light 2?) and the on/off light turn on - and stay on.
I have checked the error codes on this forum. If this is:
"f04 light 2. pressure sw stuck on empty" what do I do? I disconnected the air pipe to the pressure sensor and blew through it - no blockage. I even removed the pressure sensor and below into that. I could hear the micro-switches clicking.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Look at the pcb back left hand corner , remove the plastic caseing has the cap blown on the top. There's a thread about c17 cap at the top called sticky.

Thanks for the reply. I got the pcb out and have had a good look at it. There is no C17 on the board. I checked the emw site - it is a MK6 board. There is a 680uF capacitor on it, labelled c65. No sign of any damage at all. I could get a replacement from Maplin at weekend and give it a try anyway . . .

Before it failed completely, the first sign of a problem was rapid flashing of the second light (reduced creases) but it continued to work. Then, the on/light could not be turned off, but the start/cancel button still worked. But now the start/cancel button does nothing (and light 2 is on continuously). Does that give any other clues?

Many thanks for your suggestions so far!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back