House slow to Heat Up

Sponsored Links
Not sure on the age - we weren't left any documentation for it, but serial starts 2113
A 2013 boiler then, so not that old. You have to go into the D menu to check the output, which is the top 2 buttons, adjust code to 17, then cycle through to D.000, might be auto or a figure.

A 2013 boiler then, so not that old. You have to go into the D menu to check the output, which is the top 2 buttons, adjust code to 17, then cycle through to D.000, might be auto or a figure.
That's what I do with my Ecotec plus 418. In summer when it's just heating up the hot water cylinder, I set it to 12Kw. I tried mine on auto and like the OP's, it took an absolute age to warm up. I'm sure someone on here told me those boilers don't like the auto setting.

Ah, here it is:
Given Vaillants software history (they've screwed up many times) you want to override any auto setting...what appears to work well in their test labs may not work well in a UK home.
It is normally always beneficial to range rate a boilers output regardless of the manufacturers recommendation or default settings.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back