House survey - what does this mean?

Redrabit,
You could/should ask your convayencer to ask the Seller about this soundproofing:
- when was soundproofing installed?
- has their been noise issues with the neigbours and when?

SFK

Thanks, funnily enough I've just done this

We emailed surveyor yesterday to ask and also emailed estate agent this morning so he could ask vendors.

I've asked

1) when it was installed
2) what type
3) any ongoing issues with noise or neighbour problem

We've asked other questions and they've been fairly open, e.g. Around Internet connectivity and some big trees near house

Sponsored Links
Ask conveyancer to check with environmental health / local council if any noisenuisances have been logged / letters sent etc?

Ask conveyancer to check with environmental health / local council if any noisenuisances have been logged / letters sent etc?

Thanks Jacko!

I think solicitor is doing this as part of standard checks but I will ask to make sure

You don't realise how much noise you get from your neighbours til you live without it. That insulation project (unless it is very effective) would worry me....

Sponsored Links
Thanks everyone. We aren't going to get overly worried here. The current vendors have responded and said they installed it based on the rooms being redecorated and it filling some alcolve space. They had no issues with neighbours at the time and still do not now.

Like many people who live in adjoining property, I'm sure it will be fine. It's a lovely house and a lovely area. It suits our needs and is a substantial improvement on what we are living in currently.

Thank you for all of your responses.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back