Household Water pump help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi There,
I'm after a little advice on water pumps.

We have a small B&B with 4 bathrooms. Our water supply is from a well and we use an electric water pump with no expansion vessel.

Were starting to have problems that everytime a theres a drip of water the pump kicks in for 10 secs to prime the system. As you can imagine if someones left the the tap dripping the pump is constantly on and is starting to over heat.

I'm looking for a new pump with an expansion vessel to cope with those little drips and for it not to kick in so frequently. Hopefully there will be no drips but want peace of mind.

I've found this one below which is simple to use and install. Would that do the job or can anyone recommend anything else?

http://www.gardena.com/int/water-management/irrigation-pump/comfort-5000-5-667621/

Thanks in advance
Terry

Sponsored Links
Why not have a cold water cistern in the attic with float switches to control the pump. When the tank becomes less than half full the pump starts and then runs until the tank is three quarters full.

What do you do for drinking water ?

If the pump is to supply drinking water then an irrigation pump is un-likely to be acceptable due to contamination of the water if there are ferrous materials in the pump

Hi There,
I'm after a little advice on water pumps.

We have a small B&B with 4 bathrooms. Our water supply is from a well and we use an electric water pump with no expansion vessel.

Were starting to have problems that everytime a theres a drip of water the pump kicks in for 10 secs to prime the system. As you can imagine if someones left the the tap dripping the pump is constantly on and is starting to over heat.

I'm looking for a new pump with an expansion vessel to cope with those little drips and for it not to kick in so frequently. Hopefully there will be no drips but want peace of mind.

I've found this one below which is simple to use and install. Would that do the job or can anyone recommend anything else?

http://www.gardena.com/int/water-management/irrigation-pump/comfort-5000-5-667621/

Thanks in advance
Terry
That's an irrigation pump; it's not suitable for drinking water. Why not just add a pressure vessel to what you already have, given that the present system presumably works quite well?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back