Water leaking through tundish

Sponsored Links
After a bit of headscratching, I realised the cause of the dripping was mains cold water passing through a mixer valve somewhere in the house.

The solution is to fit a checkvalve on the hot water outlet of your cylinder.

I have also encountered this. It was a very annoying situation with very nasty people of a certain type and in the end I did not get paid !

Tony

Is it me or does anyone else think the caleffi combination valve is facing wrong way,i know it could be right as we cant see inlet into cylinder ,but i would have fitted it differantly?

Is it me or does anyone else think the caleffi combination valve is facing wrong way,i know it could be right as we cant see inlet into cylinder ,but i would have fitted it differantly?
I thought that to start with, then realised it's probably just the tapping for filling loop taken after the control group - if it was back to front you shouldn't get anything through it.

Sponsored Links
Thank you all for your replies to our problem.
We had a qualified unvented systems plumber in yesterday who did a full investigation of our system & checked all the valves.

He's figured out that it's the first valve we replaced, the 'expansion relief valve' that's gone again & he's going to replace that. We did replace the 3 bar pressure relief valve as a precaution as we had a spare part for that already.

Fingers crossed that'll be the end of this drama... thanks again for all your suggestions.

Hi,
I know this is an old thread, but as an unvented installer for some years, another tip for future reference, is:-
If you have checked all the safety pressure relief valves, the expansion vessel could be undersized.
If it happened from day one I would be looking at pipe sizing the system.
Glad yours was the other alternative!
I said I had been doing it for some years, and I have recently added an extension, with shower room etc,...........my vessel could not cope!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back