How can I stop children from climbing my wall and kicking my bins over?

I wonder if I could attach a sheet of plastic to the outer side of the wall so that they couldn't get a foothold?

Sponsored Links
Pyracantha is very sharp and reasonably fast growing, plus in the autumn the birds feed of the berries. You might want to tell you landlord about the problem , as it is his property which is potentially being vandalised
Battens and barbed wire, the danger is then obvious even to the hard of thinking hoodie.

I think I read somewhere else on this forum that it is necessary.
Just another law applied by this useless government to encourage more crime, I suppose.
Crime pays in broken Britain, or so they say.

Sponsored Links
I had a quick look online and it looks like 7 foot plants plus tubs would be around 50 quud each

'Blup!' has pointed out a fast growing climber that'd be much cheaper and have the wall covered in no time at a fraction of the cost.
However....if the kids don't care they'll rip out the plants as they climb and you're back to sq.1 - how high is the wall and would it be simpler to plaster the brickwork smooth so they can't get a foothold?

I've been wondering about that, what would I use just sand and cement?
Someone has done it in the past but there are big chunks of it left.

How long is render likely to last?

Get a tin of axle grease and a pair of rubber gloves, smear the inside top with the grease.
When the little sheites mother calls round saying their clothes have been ruined, simply ask wtf they were doing climbing over your wall?

Get a tin of axle grease and a pair of rubber gloves, smear the inside top with the grease.
When the little sheites mother calls round saying their clothes have been ruined, simply ask wtf they were doing climbing over your wall?
Ah! Axle grease. A working alternative to anti-climb paint!

I wonder whether some do-gooder would complain that you haven't put up a notice warning of axle-grease!

SFX3.jpg

I've had a better idea.

Blather a load of anti-climb paint, then stick up a notice saying 'wet paint'.
The yobs will think, "Ah, leave it. We'll come back tomorrow. It'll be dry then."

Aye, good idea - yobbos are well known for taking notice of painted signage. (y)

So much bravado (so much BS more-like), anyway a photo would help ......

BTW, I believe (though could be wrong) if the kids are in a school uniform you can speak with their school and they are obliged to take action.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back