How do I change this siphon?? Cant get under cistern

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI guys
we've got a push button flush which just gets stuck slightly open sometimes and the toilet keeps filling. I have tried all sorts to stop it but now think I just need to replace the siphon assy.

However, when looking at the loo and cistern I have no idea how I will ever get to the wing nuts which I guess hold the cistern to the pan?? The whole base of the pan is one piece so no access at all?

Can a change be done from the top end?

Images below.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
The syphon can be changed without taking the cistern apart, if you hold the syphon at the top and twist it (I think its anti clockwise) it will come apart.

am afraid you'll have to remove the whole toilet. along the base are 2 capped screws, undo them and look for any inside the cistern and remove them also. isolate and remove flexi feed and pull toilet from wall. have a cloth handy as it may leak a little. then you can get behind the toilet at the bolts holding on the cistern.

Sponsored Links
You need to find an exact replacement as the bottom half of the syphon is still attached to the cistern.

Actually - any ideas where I would start looking for one? Or what exactly I'd type into Google? Thanks a lot again
Paul

Try taking the syphon apart as sometimes its a piece of dirt on the seat that stops it closing, try googling lunns for an idea what your after and ebay (probably) to buy it.

http://www.shop.lunns.net/

The syphon is a bit like a bayonet fitting.
Isolate water supply. Hold top of syphon. Push down slightly and twist. It should come out. Don't force it because if you break the lugs its game over and toilet will have to come out.
See if there is a manufacturers stamp on it. Inspect the rubber seal. Sometimes you can just buy the seal.
HTH

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back