How do i get this cable in?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have tried straighten the cable and using a small screwdriver to pull the orange thing under it but it just won't go in.

Any ideas if I am doing anything wrong with the small orange thing beneith?

Can't get it in and been trying 30 mins.

Attachments

• 20230503_082126.jpg
    20230503_082126.jpg
    211.9 KB · Views: 176
Sponsored Links
The conductors look all twisted too much, try to straighten them out or maybe they require a ferrule crimp. The neutral's inserted so how did you get that in?

Reactions: CBW
I have loads of ferrules, but no crimp pliers so often tin the wires with solder, but do you need to put a screwdriver in a hole along side the terminal to open it?

You have either "bunched up and doubled over" the strands of the conductor
or
"doubled over and bunched up" the strands of the conductor.

Loosen the "set-screw" in the socket opening to its maximum safe holding position,
straighten all conductors,
twist them together,
cut of any excess length of individual conductors.
insert in the tapered twisted conductors in the "socket opening"
and then
tighten the set-screw.

Sponsored Links
I'd certainly cut off and re-strip that cable to fit it with the strands straight.

Presumably the orange lever is pulled . pushed down to open the sprung-loaded terminal? More force needed?

I'd probably use a small screwdriver to push into where the cable goes as well as one to press open via the orange lever in case there's a stuck mechanical bit inside. Then re-try with the softer copper wire.

Useless makers instructions don't tell a diy user how to operate the connectors. https://www.greenbrook.co.uk/dht01an-c

I have loads of ferrules, but no crimp pliers so often tin the wires with solder, but do you need to put a screwdriver in a hole along side the terminal to open it?

I thought that tinning wires was frowned upon? That said, I think it is only a no-no where cables will be likely to move (and accordingly snap internally).

Those orange bits have a slot for a flat screwdriver to fit in, then you push it down, to open the contacts inside

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back