How do I repair large chip to enamel bath?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Removing tiles, the bath got chipped - it's on the top of the bath - sort of on the rim?

Grateful for advice please - don't really fancy the cost of replacing it.

Many thanks
Terri

Sponsored Links
As you are in London it should be relatively easy to find someone to repair it.

Some time ago my parents changed their yellow bathroom suite to white. There was a huge chip in the bath, but they found someone to repair it and re-enamel the bath white. It looked very good and didn't degrade at all in the couple of years before they sold the house.

Sponsored Links
You can still use a bath with a chip on the rim.

Pretty much like the people you see walking round with a chip on their shoulder.

Tony

Who would want to use a person with a large chip on their shoulder?

If it's pressed steel then you can get a new one for £80.

Yep, cheap enough, but then add the costs of someone removing old bath and putting in the new one. Think I'll stick with the repair for the time being. In a couple of years I might stretch to a nice new modern suite.

Thanks all.

Chipped bath is an insured risk on your buildings policy. Finish tiling first and then something fell on it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back