how do i repressure an expansion vessel?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi,

i have a problem with my baxi 80e combi...just lately the pressure has been exceeding the normal operating pressure of 2.5 by about 2 'dots' but never above 3 bar...

turning down the temp seems to help alot and by searching the internet i've found that it could be the expansion vessel...i've taken the cap off the valve and pushed the little thing in the centre only getting the hiss of air being released and no water.

now how do i repressure? i think the vessels come set at 1 bar but i'm not sure if you need a pump with a pressure gauge or have to drain the pressure from the boiler and use that gauge??

trying to save £££'s by doing it myself rather that calling out an engineer

Sponsored Links
As it says at the top of the topic list, check the problem is not covered before posting.

It is not clear what is inside the WICKI and the EXV details may rather be inside ther FAQ.

Regardless its easily available and simple to do if you ignore the 10 litre bit. I only wish that I could edit to correct it.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Since writing that the author has died!

Apart from that he obviously thought removing an extra 10 litres was necessary.

why can't you edit it Tony? as, as far as I'm aware you can (you need to be logged in though)

Matt

why can't you edit it Tony? as, as far as I'm aware you can (you need to be logged in though)

Matt
You can only edit your own posts.

strange I'm on the wiki now in the FAQ of the plumbing/heating section and on the bottom left of the page (I'm using firefox) there is an [edit this page] button which when clicked brings up a syntax page that I presumed you can edit (I haven't actually tried to though)

Matt

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back