how long does glyphosate stay in ground?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi

our back garden is a bit of a jungle and am planning to get rid of all weeds plus overgrown lawn and lay new turf.

i was thinking of using glyphosate to remove all weeds in a raised bed and maybe overgrown lawn and then put topsoil and new turf. to be honest its probably late to sort it out this year so maybe i will clear as much as i can and then put new turf in spring next year.but maybe i can start planning small bits of garden sooner than sprint next year

question is how long does glyphosate "stay" in ground before i can start planting new stuff?

ta

Sponsored Links
It doesn't stay in the ground at all. It only acts on foliage not soil.

As above only the plant is affected.

Cut the overgrowth back and allow to green for a few days, then spray. Plenty of time, we might have a mild autumn, at the very worst you will have all the work done for the springtime. But, grass will keep growing until we get hard frost.

You can plant straightaway, a hour after spraying. But if you disturb the old plant it wont be able to take the weedkiller in. So usually 7-10 days and you will see it dying back, job done.

Sponsored Links
dig up your old turf, put in topsoil and re-turf, this could be done this year in early autumn... gives the turf time to root before winter and avoids the heat of summer!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back