How much depth needed to bury hearing pipes? And how to cover?

JP_

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Need to bury these flow and return pipes (to save my toes) so have dug out some concrete for the plumber. How much room is needed to properly run under the floor?

Will eventually put down laminate flooring. Rest of area is suspended wood, but I don't want to take out all the concrete as it's bloody solid. After lagging can i bury the pipes in concrete?

IMG_20210314_161922519.jpg

IMG_20210314_161839227.jpg

Sponsored Links
as long as you wrap them , then yes, the lime in the screed will eat the copper if you dont wrap them

is there a concrete / screed mix that does not eat into pipes?
are pvc coated pipes good in these situations?
It's on the corner, not where anybody would step, could I just foam fill then board over?

All the pipes need are to be taped, gaffer tape etc will suffice before covering. Most mortar/concrete will have ingredients that will slowly corrode copper so they would always need to be taped if they can come into contact with concrete.

Sponsored Links
thanks, will use loads of tape then.

Bear in mind copper expands. Use a foam lagging that provides protection and provision for movement such as Armaflex class-O.

thanks, will do. I guess that answers the question about depth - need room for lagging for both pipes..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back