how much would an electrician cost to remove plug sockets?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm changing my kitchen into a bathroom and need to remove x4 double plug sockets and a cooker plug socket - do you know how much an electrician would roughly cost and how long it would take? i'm in cornwall and on a tight budget.

Sponsored Links
the price would depend on how much work would be involved in removing the existing cable from the 4 sockets and the cooker switch for example the cable from the cooker switch is this ran under the kitchen cupboards and easy to access back to the fuseboard or is it under floorboards etc

if you want a more accurate response then include more info , other option is get some electricians round and get some quotes

hope that helps in some way

Get a local electrician round to quote for removal of existing wiring and later installation of the new wiring (lights, shaver socket, fan, shower etc). It will be more cost effective if he is getting both jobs. But he will probably want paying separately as the two jobs will likely be several weeks apart.

Sponsored Links
Cooker point is probably easiest as it should be on its own circuit and disconnectable at the consumer unit.

The sockets may be more complex as not only do the sockets and cables have to be disconnected/removed but the ring circuit if used has to be continued with new cable elsewhere - and this may, under current regs, necessitate RCD protection being added to the socket circuit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back