How often do you paint inside your house

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ive been a bit of a lazy git and havent painted for a few years, until now, makes a massive difference. so was just wondering how often one should paint, is it best to be painting sopmething once a month?
unlike me, i know have to do the whole house, 3 bedrooms because of my lazyness.

Sponsored Links
Paint when it gets grubby or you fancy a change...theres no time limits as such

Well as I do decorating for a living, you would think I would get fed up with it, and never do my home, but I really love the P&D side of things and am always decorating.

I find what makes life easier for me, is that I have got rid of all the finish paper in my house, and did lots of prep on the walls, then I lined every room, including HSL, so if I get fed up with the colour, or just want a freshen up, I just change the colour.

I re-paint my HSL approx every 18-24 months, bedrooms every 2-3 years, lounge, every 2 years, and the kitchen, again, every 18-24 months.

I do this mainly at weekends, or if I have a week off or something.

I enjoy P&D so much, that I cant stop, even at home lol.

Next spring I will be doing the exterior, that was painted 5 years ago next summer.

Paintyspice...do you find it easy to pick colour for you own place?...im hopeless!!!

Even though I have no problem advising customers (when asked for for advice) and a lot of my old customers used to say I have a good eye for it (nothing special...just aquired from years of listening and taking note of other peoples schemes)...im sooooooooooo indecisive in my own place.

I once painted my front roon ceiling 6 times...3 before and three after I had papered the walls because the colour just wasnt right.

Next time I'll get a decorator in I think!!!

Sponsored Links
Paintyspice...do you find it easy to pick colour for you own place?...im hopeless!!!

!!

I dont Zampa, in a way I cheat lol.
If I like the colours a client has picked, I'll think hmmm, I like that, that will go nice in the lounge or bedroom or whatever.
I am terrible for picking colours, as we all know they never look the same when they are actually on the wall. :rolleyes:

If a client asks me what I think of a certain colour, I am honest and either say, I have never used it, or, I have used it, and looks too yellow, or has a greyish tint etc.

I can tell if something wont look right in a room, but as for picking a colour unseen, I am useless. :cry:

Ive recently odne a job for someone who wanted a black and white marble effect on panels in their lounge...the rest of the walls would be a very pae off white, white woodwork and a white ceiling.

I didnt try to put her off...but I really didnt think it would work, and she could tell by my reaction when we were discussing the job.

Did the job...she loved it...and I was pleasantly surprised too..and I admitted to her I didnt think it was going to look right.

Guess what im doing in my lounge after christmas???? :rolleyes: ... :evil:

But I wont be having white on the ceiling..it looks to stark for my liking.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back