How to adjust hinges as door is catching?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. Trying to adjust this door as it's catching on the bottom. I can't find a way to adjust it, nor can I find any sort of allen key slot to do so. Assuming it means it's not adjustable? I've tracked down the part to be a 'beaufort bifold hinge' but I can't see any guidance online. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_4186.jpg
    IMG_4186.jpg
    345.7 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_4187.jpg
    IMG_4187.jpg
    255.4 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_4188.jpg
    IMG_4188.jpg
    266 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_4189.jpg
    IMG_4189.jpg
    292.5 KB · Views: 108
Sponsored Links
I can't see any adjustment on those hinges. Has the door moved down on the fixings that screw the hinge to the door? There seems to be a gap between the seal and the bottom of the hinge and the seal at the top of the hinge looks to have been compressed. Perhaps the holes in the door are now oval?

Slacken off the hinge fixing screws slightly and see if you can slide the door vertically?

Sponsored Links
Could it be that the. doors frame is moving??

In image 4189 there appears to be or have been some sort of movement ??? Different colours of paint / mastic?? os something.

Ken

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back