plastic door hinge adjustment

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a front door which is catching at the top and I cannot see a way to adjust it. I have removed the cover which shows an Allen key slot but adjusting this has no effect.

Also removing the plastic caps on the top/bottom of the hinge has a bolt underneath not a allan key type hole.

It would be great if someone could confirm one way or another this is adjustable or not.

Pictures below showing hinge on frame, top/bottom of hinge and middle of hinge with cover removed.

20200203_120443.jpg
20200203_120429.jpg
20200203_120421.jpg
20200203_120320.jpg
20200203_120245.jpg

Cheers

Kev

Sponsored Links
This may help

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200204-003559.png
    Screenshot_20200204-003559.png
    630.5 KB · Views: 187
Hi this is a different hinge they are bolts under the top and bottom cap and they don't appear to move.

There is nothing on the side either.

Thanks for replying.

Cheers

Kev

Sponsored Links
You will need to find something that fits snuggly on the bottom part of the hinge ( under the white cap ) and then loosen the Allen key in the centre. Then turn the bottom part which ever direction you need to go and then retighten the Allen key ( before releasing the pressure on the bottom part ) . There is a special tool for doing it but I'm not sure if it's available separately or not...usually come with the door .

Cheers pal,

I was thinking that the Allen key slot in the centre was immobilising it but not had a chance to try it.

I'll give it a go top man.

Finally managed to wangle the tools off someone for a bit to try this.

Worked a treat.

Thanks very much for the advice.

Cheers

Kev

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back